Winter in the Salzburger Lngau
As soon as the temperatures start to fall in the mountain region Lungau, the hearts of the winter sports lovers beat faster. A variation of activities for all ages is offered: Four skiing areas: Katschber-Aineck, Großeck-Speiereck, Fanningberg and Obertauern with more than 300 kilometers of pistes as well as excellent prepared cross-country skiing tracks.
The sunniest region of Austria also offers a great range of hiking trails for all levels of hikers and is known as Eldorado for ski tourers.
The bonus card for your winter holiday
All Lungau guests who stay between 01 December and 1 week after Easter at lodgings in Lungau (four-star hotels, inns, B&Bs, farmhouses) automatically receive their own personal guest card valid for the duration of their stay. The Winter LungauCard entitles you to free or discounted use of numerous attractions throughout Salzburger Lungau.
Simply complete your guest registration form and your host will go ahead and issue a LungauCard to you. The Winter LungauCard is valid throughout your stay (including arrival and departure days). The Winter LungauCard is nontransferable and is not available for purchase.
Snapshot of the Winterbonus card benefits:
- Use of the ski runs in the Lignitz cross-country skiing centre – free of charge
- Use of the night run in the Lignitz cross-country skiing centre (floodlit daily) – free of charge
- 1x introduction to curling – free of charge
- Guided tour of the Huber wool fullery – free of charge
- Use of the ice rink at the SAMSUNN Wellness Centre – free of charge
- Admission to the To the Parish, Pilgrimage and Silent Night Museum – discounted admission
- Deep-snow runs at the Skischule Funny ski school – 10% discount
- Horse-drawn sleigh ride with the Moser family – 10% discount
- Mariapfarr items (caps, hats, mugs, T-shirts) – 20% discount
- and much more